Okay friends, you know what’s coming. Every equestrian of every style has a “horsey” bucket list of all the weird crap they want to do atop a 1,000lb animal, or involving horses in some way. Because if we didn’t, we’d be insane, right?
Well, I too have one of those lists. And here it is. Enjoy! Give me suggestions! Tell me about all the things you’ve done or want to do!
- Stay overnight at a big horse show.
- Go swimming with a horse.
- Play a game of polo.
- Do one of those vacation weeks at a working ranch.
- Tour the UK on a trail riding countryside trip.
- Exercise ride a racehorse.
- Get yelled at by Our Lord and Master the all-knowing ever precise George Morris.
- Beat a pro in a horse trial.
- See the Lipizzaners AT the Spanish Riding School, IN Vienna.
- Get around a USHJA Hunter Derby Course.
- Go riding on the beach!
Ride sidesaddle(there’s a theme starting here).
Did this one in a lesson demo as part of the Maryland Horse World Expo!
- Learn to jump sidesaddle.
- FOXHUNT SIDESADDLE.
- FOXHUNT SIDESADDLE IN ENGLAND. PRETEND I’M ON DOWNTON ABBEY. COMPLETE LIFE AND DIE HAPPILY.